- Basic Engineering Principles
- Fundamental Transport Processes
- Basic Material Balances
- Fundamental Mathematics
Unit operations are a major topic within Chemical Engineering and one that students often find challenging. If you are one of those students, you have come to the right place.
We have produced an exceptional course on unit operations, that provides you with the practical and theoretical skills and knowledge needed to understand the important mechanisms involved in Chemical Engineering.
Become more confident from day one, with everything you need to succeed in unit operations. Invest in yourself, invest in your future, become more confident in unit operations, and grow your skills today, with lifetime access to all content.
- Understand the fundamental design principles of unit operations
- Understand the concept of Mass transfer from a mathematic and physics perspective.
- Apply Mass transfer principles to diffusivity problems.
- understand the concept of two-phase systems and the interactions and separation techniques involved in the operation.
- Know how to fully design a cooling tower.
- Understand and apply the concepts of boiling point rises and particle analysis during evaporation.
- Design Evaporators, Crystallizers, Distillation columns and Dryers.
- Packed Column design and analysis.
- Model dilute and concentrated solution systems.
- Understand Distillation modelling for several techniques.
- Solve VLE and Non-VLE systems.
- Understand the concept of equilibrium extraction.
- Analyse Liquid-Liquid extraction systems including three-liquid systems.
- Understand and model single and multi-stage extraction systems.
- Consider and understand the concepts of particle size analysis and distribution technologies.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To complete the course a minimum of 80% must be covered, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 103
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 10
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Outstanding experience!I have taken many of Callum's courses and I have to say this one didn't disappoint. The material is up-to-date and very relevant to my MEng degree. I would recommend anyone considering help in unit operations to get their hands on this gem of a resource.
Best course creator on the web!I was recommended by a fellow student to The ChemEng Student, and I must say that this man Callum Russell has single-handed helped me through my 3rd year of university. What I didn't realise is that it's not just the course you get, but rather a mentor. Callum truly cares about his students and it shows in his work!
MissI am writing this review as a 4th-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My experience with this website has been second to none, not only is the course material good quality but the additional support that the instructor provides. I couldn't fault his enthusiasm for the course and it really shows in his delivery. If you are considering a course I would highly recommend investing, as the information was extremely useful during my project!
MrGreat course, impeccable detail and extremely informative. Very useful for my 3rd-year modules.