- Basic Engineering Principles
- Fundamental Transport Processes
- Basic Material Balances
- Fundamental Mathematics
Unit operations are a major topic within Chemical Engineering and one that students often find challenging. If you are one of those students, you have come to the right place.
We have produced an exceptional course on unit operations, that provide you with the practical and theoretical skills and knowledge needed to understand the important mechanisms involved in Chemical Engineering.
Become more confident from day one, with everything you need to succeed in unit operations. Invest in yourself, invest in your future, become more confident in unit operations, and grow your skills today, with lifetime access to all content.
- Understand the fundamental design principles of unit operations
- Understand the concept of Mass transfer from a mathematic and physics perspective.
- Apply Mass transfer principles to diffusivity problems.
- understand the concept of two-phase systems and the interactions and separation techniques involved in the operation.
- Know how to fully design a cooling tower.
- Understand and apply the concepts of boiling point rises and particles analysis during evaporation.
- Design Evaporators, Crystallizers, Distillation columns and Dryers.
- Packed Column design and analysis.
- Model dilute and concentrated solution systems.
- Understand Distillation modelling for several techniques.
- Solve VLE and Non-VLE systems.
- Understand the concept of equilibrium extraction.
- Analyse Liquid-Liquid extraction system including three-liquid systems.
- Understand and model single and multi-stage extraction systems.
- Consider and understand the concepts of particle size analysis and distribution technologies.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To complete the course a minimum of 80% must be covered, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 103
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MissI am writing this review as a 4th-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My experience with this website has been second to none, not only is the course material good quality but the additional support that the instructor provides. I couldn't fault his enthusiasm for the course and it really shows in his delivery. If you are considering a course I would highly recommend investing, as the information was extremely useful during my project!
MrGreat course, impeccable detail and extremely informative. Very useful for my 3rd-year modules.