- Basic Engineering Principles
- Basic Unit Operations
- Knowledge of Equipment Design
Do you want to expand your knowledge of separation processes? You have to come to the right place. Most students struggle with concepts of separation mechanisms from either a practical or theoretical perspective, if this is you, then this is the course for you.
Learn exactly how to model several separation process units from day one, and elevate your knowledge to another level. Become more confident and competent with this branch of Chemical Engineering.
Invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a successful Chemical Engineer today!
- Understand the concept and mechanisms surrounding adsorption.
- Know the important properties of adsorbents.
- Be able to distinguish the different types of adsorption processes and know their key strengths and applications.
- Know the difference between physical and chemisorption.
- Understand the different types of Isotherms and the equations which govern them.
- Know how to linearise these isotherms to determine specific parameters which are found through the equation of a straight line.
- Understand the mechanics of multi-component systems and use the Extended Isotherms to model these systems.
- Know how to define the LES, LUB, WUB etc.
- Be able to use the surface area and BET equations.
- Know the importance of the boundary layer transportation mechanism.
- Understand the scale-up using the constant pattern front concept and apply it to problems.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To evaluate your understanding you will have to complete a 10-question quiz. To pass this course you must achieve at least 70% on the quiz, after which you will receive your certificate, showcasing your efforts.
- Lectures 39
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 8 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 13
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self