- Basic Heat Transfer
- Fluid Dynamics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Basic Mass & Energy Balances
Thermodynamics is a major part of Chemical Engineering. Most students enjoy but often find thermodynamics difficult, so if this is you, then you have come to the right place.
This course will provide you with an extensive set of skills and knowledge from day one that will allow you to master the theoretical and practical applications of thermodynamic processes, with a particular focus on thermodynamic cycles.
Invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a successful Chemical Engineer today!
- Kow how to define a system and all its key variables such as density and specific gravity.
- Be confident with the conversions of the temperature and pressure scales.
- Understand the different forms of energy and how heat and work can be transferred.
- Understand the difference between reversible and irreversible processes.
- Understand Entropy and its role in solving thermodynamic cycles.
- Be familiar with the Ideal Gas Law.
- Have a working understanding of the Gas cycles – OTTO and Diesel.
- Have a working understanding of Gas power cycles – Carnot and Rankine
- Have a working understanding of refrigeration cycles.
- Understand how to read and interpret pressure-enthalpy charts and COP.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. A minimum of 80% must be covered to complete the course, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 35
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes