- Basic Engineering Principles
- Knowledge of Process Design
- Mass & Energy Balances
- Mathematical Modelling
Welcome to the Reactor Design course. The fantastic course is broken down into Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced sections which cover all aspects of Reactor Design. The course aims to bring together principles of mass & energy balance, heat transfer, mass transfer and rate analysis to design several types of reactors. Gain a fully comprehensive understanding of how to design reactors with ease! Further information can be found in the online library with several published journals on reactor design. An understanding of the principles above would be advantageous however, we will cover the basics before tackling reactor design modelling.
- Understand the fundamentals of reactor design and the general equations used in modelling.
- Know how to model ideal Batch, CSTR and Plug Flow reactors.
- Ability to perform calculations for batch time based on concentration and conversion factors.
- Know how to model non-ideal Batch, CSTR and Plug Flow reactors.
- Understand the assumptions made to simplify the models.
- Understand how Rate analysis works and how to integrate them into reactor designs.
- Look at a more detailed Fixed Bed Catalytic Reactor and the design equations for these systems.
- Be familiar with the heat transfer and mass transfer mechanisms which occur in a reactor.
- Understand types of tracer responses and their role in optimising and understanding the behaviour of the mixture inside the reactor.
- Know how to read residence time and calculate for specific conversions and specified parameters.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To evaluate your understanding you will have to complete a 10-question quiz. To pass this course you must achieve at least 70% on the quiz, after which you will receive your certificate, showcasing your efforts.
- Lectures 39
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 7 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 21
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self