- Basic Engineering Principles
- Calculus Mathematics
- Mathematical Modelling
Process design can often be a complicated and technical aspect of Chemical Engineering, with many students struggling with the mathematical modelling of process design systems. If you are one of those students, you have come to the right place.
This course provides you with all the skills and knowledge to design an entire process plant, from theoretical calculations to practical mechanical design. You will master how system responses operate to produce safe and optimised processes.
From day one you will expand your knowledge and be on track to mastering process design principles. Invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a successful Chemical Engineer today!
- Understand the concept of Laplace Transforms and how to read the table of transforms in the additional learning material.
- Know how to convert from the S and T domains.
- Be familiar and confident with understanding the different types of functions, such as rectangular and pulse.
- Know the properties of transfer functions and their applications in process design.
- Understand the concept of stability within a process control system.
- Know how to define the damping coefficients for stability systems to understand the effects required to compensate for disturbances.
- Fully understand the methods and techniques involved in system responses.
- Know how to model first and second-order systems along with more complicated systems.
- Know the concept of Poles and Zeros, while being able to apply them to process responses.
- Be able to model control loop systems using the appropriate techniques.
- Understand how to read and draw the block diagrams and general equations.
- Understand the different types of process control systems, and be able to put them into practical problems.
- Know the importance of costing within process design and the different types of methods used.
- Be able to distinguish the different types of costing models depending on the system requirements.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. A minimum of 80% must be covered to complete the course, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 61
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 12
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MrsThis review is based on my experience in joining the affiliate program. I was given free access to this course and it was very informative, with lots of detail and took some very useful information from it. My audience will love this as well.
MrTop quaility learning material from this instructor. Was recommend this site by my professor and after taking it I can see why he has recommended this site. Well worth the money!