- Basic Engineering Principles
- Knowledge of Thermodynamics
- Basic Unit Operations
- Knowledge of Energy Balances
- Process Design Systems
Struggling with all things heat transfer? We know first hand the difficulty this topic brings with it, from theoretical calculations to practical optimisation techniques. If you struggle with heat transfer this is the course for you.
From day one you will develop extensive knowledge of the principles and techniques required of Chemical Engineers in terms of heat transfer. This extensive course will help develop your skills and knowledge to an expert level.
The level of detail in this course is exceptional, ensuring you get to see every aspect of heat transfer. Invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a pro at heat transfer today!
- Understand the basic parameters associated with heat transfer.
- Know the process of conduction thoroughly.
- Know the process of convection thoroughly.
- Understand the mechanisms of condensation systems.
- Know how to design a heat exchanger.
- Understand pinch analysis for heat transfer optimization.
- Know how to construct heat exchanger network diagrams and optimize for maximum energy recovery.
- Understand how to solve complex heat integration systems.
- Understand how to construct and analyze the nodal networks and energy balance methods and form matrices.
- Know how to define the key characteristics of the thermal and velocity boundary layers.
- Understand the effect the flow regime has on the rate of heat transfer and the fluid flow effects.
- Be able to perform thermal analysis to determine heat fluxes, and identify the different types of boiling.
- Understand the complex nature of radiation heat transfer and model difficult systems based on resistances.
- Understand the interactions between gas absorptivity.
- Know how to analyze the freezing system to determine the freezing time for a given product.
- Understand the importance of food preservation and the equations which govern microbial activity and death rates.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. A minimum of 80% must be covered to complete the course, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 108
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 14 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MrThe content was very good, delivery of the lessons was clear and concise. Overall a good experience with this course and learned a lot of information.
MrA fantastic and in-depth course on heat transfer. Lots of helpful information for modules across Chemical Engineering. One of the longest on this platform, but I must say it doesn't feel like it. If you are considering this course, I would highly recommend it.
DrAn excellent in-depth course on heat transfer. couldn't fault any material showcased. Will be recommending this website to my students for further support.