- Basic Heat Transfer
- Mass & Energy Balances
- Mathematical Modelling
- Basic Flow Processes
Fluid dynamics and mechanics is a major topic within Chemical Engineering. If you struggle with any aspect of fluids, then this is the course for you. We cover all aspects of fluids, from defining flow regimes to modelling and applications.
From day one you will develop and improve your skills and knowledge of how fluids interact and influence process designs. This topic combines elements from heat transfer, mass transfer, process design, thermodynamics and more.
Don’t waste time struggling with fluids, invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a successful Chemical Engineer today!
- Understand the fundamentals of fluid flow and the properties associated with fluid dynamics.
- Understand the difference between fluid statics and mechanics and know the equations with are used respectively.
- Know how to define the laminar flow and be familiar with the characteristics and equations governing it.
- Know how to define the turbulent flow and be familiar with the characteristics and equations governing it.
- Understand the difference between a Newtonian and Non-Newtonian and provide examples of each.
- Be familiar with the concept of compressibility and how it is related to gases only.
- Understand the different models associated with explaining the different types of fluid flow and how to use them using examples.
- Be able to define the differences between shear-thinning, shear-thickening and time-dependent fluids.
- Understand the concepts of Isothermal and Non-Isothermal flow for Ideal gases in pipes.
- Know the working mechanics of suspension systems and how to use the McLeman equation.
- FUlly understand the formation and definition of turbulent flow through the use of diagrams and the formation of eddies.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To evaluate your understanding you will have to complete a 10-question quiz. To pass this course you must achieve at least 70% on the quiz, after which you will receive your certificate, showcasing your efforts.
- Lectures 49
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 11 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 12
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self