- Basic Heat Transfer
- Mass & Energy Balances
- Mathematical Modelling
- Basic Flow Processes
Fluid dynamics and mechanics is a major topic within Chemical Engineering. If you struggle with any aspect of fluids, then this is the course for you. We cover all aspects of fluids, from defining flow regimes to modelling and applications.
From day one you will develop and improve your skills and knowledge of how fluids interact and influence process designs. This topic combines elements from heat transfer, mass transfer, process design, thermodynamics and more.
Don’t waste time struggling with fluids, invest in yourself, invest in your future, and become a successful Chemical Engineer today!
- Understand the fundamentals of fluid flow and the properties associated with fluid dynamics.
- Understand the difference between fluid statics and mechanics and know the equations with are used respectively.
- Know how to define the laminar flow and be familiar with the characteristics and equations governing it.
- Know how to define the turbulent flow and be familiar with the characteristics and equations governing it.
- Understand the difference between a Newtonian and Non-Newtonian and provide examples of each.
- Be familiar with the concept of compressibility and how it is related to gases only.
- Understand the different models associated with explaining the different types of fluid flow and how to use them using examples.
- Be able to define the differences between shear-thinning, shear-thickening and time-dependent fluids.
- Understand the concepts of Isothermal and Non-Isothermal flow for Ideal gases in pipes.
- Know the working mechanics of suspension systems and how to use the McLeman equation.
- FUlly understand the formation and definition of turbulent flow through the use of diagrams and the formation of eddies.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. To complete the course a minimum of 80% must be covered, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 49
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 11 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 13
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Outstanding Content!Fluids has been my kryptonite at university, this course has been my lifeline in being able to pass my semester. I cannot thank Callum enough for his additional support. I am about to invest in the full masters course because I am going for a masters and I know with this I will be able to pass no problem! Thank you again Callum and the team!
MrTop-quality course, can't fault it, the information is up to date and very clear to follow. You certainly get what you pay for... Clear explanations, extra questions, direct help from the instructor, and peace of mind. This allowed me to pass my exam and I will certainly be buying another.
MissPleased with course outcome, priced well with the level of detail given within the course. Helped with my exams which is exactly what I needed.