- Basic Engineering Principles
- Mathematical Modelling
- Basic Equipment Design
Distillation is an integral part of Chemical Engineering, so if you struggle with distillation design, analysis, or interpretation, this is the course for you. Everything you need to master distillation in one place, with easy-to-follow lessons and exercises.
This course will enable you to fully understand the concept and mechanism of distillation from day one! Learn about the most important design techniques that are widely used within the industry.
Invest in yourself, invest in your future and take the first step to becoming a successful Chemical Engineer, in Distillation!
We are super excited to share with you that this course contains extensive learning material by The Fortunates! Get more in-depth lecture material combined with detailed solutions to even more problems!
- Be familiar with the different types of distillation and their key distinctions.
- Understand the basic workings of a binary system.
- Know the principles of the bubble and dew points and their significance to distillation.
- Understand how to model, Ideal and Non-Ideal VLE systems.
- Use the Shortcut Method
- Use the McCabe Thiele Method
- Use the Ponchon-Savarit Method
- Implement heat integration to a distillation column.
- Use the sequencing heuristics to optimise a series of distillation columns.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. A minimum of 80% must be covered to complete the course, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 37
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 13
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes