- Basic Engineering Principles
- Mathematical Modelling
- Basic Equipment Design
Distillation is an integral part of Chemical Engineering, so if you struggle with distillation design, analysis, or interpretation, this is the course for you. Everything you need to master distillation in one place, with easy to follow lessons and exercises.
This course will enable you to fully understand the concept and mechanism of distillation from day one! Learn about the most important design techniques that are widely used within the industry.
Invest in yourself, invest in your future and take the first step to become a successful Chemical Engineer, in Distillation!
- Be familiar with the different types of distillation and their key distinctions.
- Understand the basic workings of a binary system.
- Know the principles of the bubble and dew points and their significance to distillation.
- Understand how to model, Ideal and Non-Ideal VLE systems.
- Use the Shortcut Method
- Use the McCabe Thiele Method
- Use the Ponchon-Savarit Method
- Implement heat integration to a distillation column.
- Use the sequencing heuristics to optimise a series of distillation columns.
FINISHING THE COURSE
The course will be split into a mixture of video lessons and video exercises, along with a set of downloadable PDFs with additional questions and solutions. A minimum of 80% must be covered to complete the course, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
- Lectures 36
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
MrThis has been a really enjoyable course to work through. Very informative and suitable for me as a 3rd-year student. It gave me the opportunity to see topics and concepts early and to prepare for my exams in my 4th year. Great experience overall!
MrGreat content, overall very pleased with the outcome of the course will definitely buy another. Thank you.